Tuesday, September 29, 2009

POBLOG

I had to review a poetics blog this week. It didn't go well. Essentially, if this is a poetics blog, it sucks ass. I don't think I have the time to really put together a good poetics blog. That makes me sad. Here is the blog I reviewed:

poetsvegananarchistpacifist.blogspot.com

It's not really a poetics blog, but that's because th e others that I randomly clicked on from a link were disjointed, uninteresting, inconsistent and ultimately self-serving.

Whoops.

If I really want this to be anything more than my personal bitch sheet, I have to make a considerate effort. I don't think I can do that right now, or do I actually know how. So... I think this will remain a roll of toilet paper for now. No one is making you read this.

If you are a poet, I would encourage you to submit your work to the Columbia Poetry Review. It's a very good, student edited publication and I believe that if I know you and you are a poet, I like you and your work. For the most part. I can only think of a couple of people I would like to personally solicit (and I think I will do just that), but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like anything you, Reader, might send in. It's a huge board with a lot of differing opinions and you never really know what's going to get in. And you're a kick ass poet anyway, so do it. I promise I'll speak up loud and clear when we check out your work.

http://english.colum.edu/cpr/submissions.htm

Please. I'd really like to see a name I know pop up.

Other than that, I had a minor set back the other week, but my other poems have gone over pretty well. I'm getting more and more motivated. Hopefully I can produce something worth something. How capitalist is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment