Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Even I'm Bigger in Texas

Not true. But anyway, stop signs sure fucking are. I left my camera in the car, so hopefully I can get some pictures up later. To tide you over, here's one of my favorite C&H strips:


But right now, I'm in Austin in this huge house on top of this hill surrounded by wild pigs. Melissa's mother's friend lives here and she is this little Texas woman who made us lasagna at 10 pm last night. We did not make it to a show, but that is the plan today. Austin, as I hear, is wonderful, so I'm ready for a whole day of not doing anything here.

I sleep like a baby though. This constant moving is pretty cool and a lot of fun, but I didn't realize your body could lock up like that. I've been stiff and all that before, but I get out of the car and almost fall down. And if I slept on something unfavorable the night before, I'm rigor mortis.

Christine screams like a wild boar, so we don't let her go outside while were in Austin. Too sexy for those wild pigs.

But New Orleans in the daylight was beautiful. The architecture there is unreal. Not unreal like LA is unreal in every sense of the word, but NO was borderline fairyland. Not exactly outside of reality, but walking a thin line, like a bad ass. Very cool to see though, and just wrought with ridiculous history. We went to Cafe du Monde and I was very surprised to see that the coffee that comes out of my shitty little dripper at home actually tastes a lot like directly from the source, which is fucking good. I bought two huge cans of the stuff which was cheaper than Folgers. I really think I'm going to be mail ordering my coffee from now on. I'm more yuppie than you've ever dreamed of being.

Alright, I gotta go probably eat some huge breakfast with an omelet and 50 pancakes with 11 different kinds of syrup. I'll post the best of our longest drive yet later today. And buy a 10 gallon hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment