Thursday, January 29, 2009

Judgement.

Uh. This has probably been the greatest day of my life.

Carlsbad Caverns, driving through more of New Mexico which I now declare in the top 3 most beautiful states, ROSWELL, White Sand National Monument and then stopping for the evening in Truth or Consequences to take a much needed and deserved natural hot springs bath. And that's only the beginning.

Anything I write about today will not do any good. I cannot express what has happened to me. It's corny and ridiculous but with the amount of intense exposure to absolutely pure and unaltered beauty was almost too much for this guy to handle. I could think of little else than my disbelief and awe and of course Margot. The pictures I'll post are good but... not. There's nothing I can offer through this medium that will do what I feel needs to be done. All I know is that Robert's camera ran dry twice today from all the ridiculous use. And I broke my phone again. It works, but not really. It was definitely worth falling down the huge hills at White Sands.

Anyway, here are pictures. I hope they can at least provide an aid to what I went through. I took over 360 pictures/videos today and I wish I had more. Thanks for blogging with me today. It's not a day I'll soon forget.







That’s Carlsbad Caverns. All I can really say is: Massive. The sheer size of this gigantic hole in the earth that water made is simply ridiculous. I didn’t know if I wanted to cry or laugh or simply shut the fuck up and keep walking. I was utterly enthralled. The camera gave out with probably an hour left through the caves, but it really wasn’t taking the best pictures anyway. No fault to the camera of course because “dark as fuck” doesn’t begin to describe what it had to work with.

I would say I drew inspiration from this if it were true. It’s not that I wasn’t inspired, it’s just… what the fuck do you write about? There’s nothing I can put down on a sheet of paper that would accurately describe what that place did to me. Or that you would want to read for that matter.




Roswell and the UFO museum. Melissa met an alien. Awesome.






Oh, nothing. Just New Mexico.






White Sands National Monument. As you can actually see from these pictures, we might have been on huge mounds of snow, but oh no ladies and gentlemen. Genuine white sand. Not that climactic, but it was still fucking nuts. First thing I did was roll around in it and fall down hills and hurt myself all the while breaking my phone, as usual. Then the sun set and there was this sand and this sky and I lost my mind again. It just can’t happen enough on this trip.

This is one of the only times I’ve done anything like this and I am absolutely floored. This is one temperate zone in one region of one country in an incredibly small percentage of the world, and I think I know where I want to be for the rest of my life. I’ve got a lot to do.



Now I’m in Truth or Consequences. Fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment