Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Road is a B-I-tch my friend

Yesterday was full of driving. From Chicago to Champaign to Memphis. Once we got here, we didn't do too much; we were pretty exhausted. The Road takes a lot out of a guy. I had some fried catfish down on Beale Street and we walked around in the cold for awhile. This dude told me I had too many women. Silly guy.

But Christine and Melissa are wonderful. For our situation, surprisingly I think that getting along is going to be the least of our problems. Until of course, we start staging it all for dramatic effect. We're trying to define some sort of dynamic that each of us can encompass. Sex, drugs and rock and roll was one; zombie, werewolf and vampire/mummy was another; but really Killian's the boss, Melissa's the baby and I'm short. Really short. So short that the last time some stupid lady that interviewed me for a sleep study and DENIED me even that took an inch away from me. And in the famous words of my father on my potential for physical growth, "No, you're about done."

But I've saved the best for last. I didn't think it could ever really happen and have never even brought the slight hope into my brain. But yes, ladies and gentlemen, we saw the infamous Road Dog, the Wheeled Wurst, the Fluid Frank:
The Weinermobile.

Right on I-57! In Illinois! Just south of Champaign! Such a beautiful sight and talk about an omen for good things to come, right? If you look closely, you can see that the consoles for the driver and the passenger are hot dogs too. If you check this other, less-good travel blog of our trip, you might be able to find a video of the mobile.

Anyway, were off to do shit in Memphis. If I remember correctly, I'm going to hear "Green Onions" 40,000 times and get yelled at a lot. Hopefully I can find some Coke in a bottle somewhere though. I got an itch.

We also watched this Discovery channel a bit last night and these dudes were in a cave looking for a python. It ended up being over 20 feet long. Whenever I think of things in regards to over 10 feet, I line up imaginary basketball hoops next to them. Weird.

When we get to New Mexico, we're gonna go in some caves. I'm gonna catch a python. That's what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment